<$BlogRSDURL$>
Google
 
Web elusivefugitive.blogspot.com

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Flying Food 

Imagine a world where food in restaurants is served flying through the air rather than on plates. It's not chaos or mayhem, but let's just say the presentation might be a bit lacking. Or at least that's how it was in my excessively short dream from last night. When I woke up I pledged to remember everything because it was all just so wrong, but sadly, I can only remember the odd 70's plastic-y restaurant interior and food literally flying to my place at the table.

Perhaps this has something to do with the fact that I keep watching odd cooking/food shows - The F Word (Gordon Ramsay cooks for 50-60 people in his TV Studio restaurant with amateurs and yells FUCK IT and 'uckin 'ell a lot) and Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares (Gordon Ramsay goes and slags off a restaurant for a week while trying to get it to be not shit, and where in he yells FUCK IT and 'uckin 'ell a lot). I think I might be infected. Or at least letting it get to me.

Unfortunately, what with moving across the world soon, my kitchen supplies have naturally dwindled and I'm less and less likely to have dinner that does not have something a bit odd in it. Last night - Mediterranean Cous Cous with Chicken, spring onion, cashew and random herbs stir fry. Tonight - Fajitas (ground beef most likely as this and the tortillas are the only bits that need buying) with peppers, onions, olives (what?), some amount of random herbs, salsa, sour cream, brie (it's all the cheese we got, baby) and some other stuff ... well I don't know how it's going to work yet. But let's hope it's not soul-destroyingly odd.

Site Meter