<$BlogRSDURL$>
Google
 
Web elusivefugitive.blogspot.com

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Definition of my morning 

Main Entry: 1 clos·et
Pronunciation: 'klä-z&t, 'klo-
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French closett, diminutive of clos enclosure
1 a : an apartment or small room for privacy b : a monarch's or official's private chamber
2 : a cabinet or recess for especially china, household utensils, or clothing
3 : a place of retreat or privacy
4 : WATER CLOSET
5 : a state or condition of secrecy, privacy, or obscurity < came out of the closet>

For all intents and purposes, not one of these definitions fits my closet at the moment.

Main Entry: 1dis·ar·ray
Pronunciation: "dis-&-'rA
Function: noun
1 : a lack of order or sequence : CONFUSION, DISORDER < the room was in disarray>
2 : disorderly dress : DISHABILLE

Yes, that's more like it.

Packing, sorting, and organizing all day. And I end up with disarray. I have boxes propped open, their tops like an open maw ready to swallow my belongings for a trip across the pond. I have piles of clothes at the ready for their time in the washing machine. They're lined up like giant blobs marching across the floor from the bedroom to the bathroom.

I'm moving in two weeks.

Oh dear god. I'm moving in two weeks!

Site Meter