<$BlogRSDURL$>
Google
 
Web elusivefugitive.blogspot.com

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Color me bruised 

I seem to often forget that I'm highly accident prone. I'm the girl that will always knock over a glass of wine. It doesn't matter on which surface you put it. It will be knocked over. By me. And I'll clean it up, certainly. I consider it a miracle when I don't break the accompanying glass. I hate that part of the clean up, considering broken glass and I aren't the best of friends after a broken window sent me to the emergency room 15 years ago for 15 stitches, one of which is still under my skin. Accidents and I are really familiar with each other. I constantly walk into the corner of tables, stub my toes, whack my elbows on a door frame, jam my hips into counter corners, knee table legs... The list is endless, really.

I also am not keen on being cold. I love it when there's snow falling. I like summer thunder and rain storms. I enjoy a good tromp through the rain. I'm glad to wander around in the cold, dodging raindrops or snowflakes. But I cannot stand being cold. Even worse, being cold and wet is when I really turn on the charm and complain like there's no tomorrow.

So knowing this, I wonder why it is that I continue to ignore the fact that I'm an absolute klutz with an aversion to freezing. And even worse, I don't know why it is that I think it a good idea to go on a snowboarding trip, wherein the point of the trip is to throw myself, sans skills, down a hill that is covered - with snow - with the sole purpose of reaching the bottom alive and well. I know now, more than ever, that this is just stupidity to think I would be able to live through a whole slope on a snowboard and do so without freezing some fingers off.

So, I don't have much to show for my 5 day trip to the mountains besides horribly colorful kneecaps, the likes of which I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy, and a sniffle that I seem to have picked up. I did not, however, pick up any snowboarding skills, nor did I pick up any poker skills. So not only am I bruised - my own fault - but I practically gave my money away playing Texas Hold 'Em.

I suppose on a number of levels, it could be so much worse. For example, I don't have a bright canary yellow wrap around my elbow. Well done me.

notes:
You did, however, get to spend a week in an apartment filled to the brim with well behaved, rose-bud-smelling potential male concubines!
 
Post a Comment
Site Meter