<$BlogRSDURL$>
Google
 
Web elusivefugitive.blogspot.com

Saturday, November 13, 2004

Let a girl dream 

There are nights when I just want to be left alone. To have time to myself. No matter where I am - at home in my flat, out having drinks with friends, out to dinner with people that I don't spend nearly enough time getting to know....

Tonight is not one of those nights. I don't want to be alone. I don't want to sleep alone. But I can't change it, or make the inevitable not inevitable. I can't change people's minds or their plans for them. I can't make their decisions for them.

I just want attention that I can't have right now.

I went to a party tonight where most everything on the drink menu contained absinthe. And drank Gin and Vodka Gimlets all night. I put my hair in two braids because, damnit, I look adorable when I do that. I laughed, I giggled, I had serious discussions. And then I left. My kitten is throwing a small piece of bread around my living room floor, and I am sitting on the couch wishing someone else was here.

Maybe some other time.

Site Meter