<$BlogRSDURL$>
Google
 
Web elusivefugitive.blogspot.com

Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Good morning, Sunshine 

I use the snooze button on my alarm clock. Why not use the standard buttons on such electronics? I lounge in bed in the morning. Why? Because damnit it's cold outside the covers. And I'm a weenie. I think I may have already mentioned that once or twice.

The blinds in my bedroom are half up/half down, but they don't really stop any of the morning light from getting through my window. I never open them when I get out of bed. I just leave them halfway down/halfway up and am content to not destroy my poor, freshly opened eyes with destructive and blinding light from the outside world. At least, not until I've clothed myself and leave my flat.

When I was younger, I used to have one of those keep every bit of light from penetrating this window shades. I loved it. I mean, I really loved it. Pure black rooms are easier to sleep in. When it was about the right time of the morning for me to get out of bed, my mother would crack open the door, turn on the light, and quickly close the door behind her, knowing full well that there was some kind of object hurtling towards the door.

To go from pure, pleasant black to blinding yellow light... It's hell. It's torture. It's completely uncalled for.

So is a kitten climbing me like Mount Everest in the morning while I put her food in her food bowl. And she leaves marks. Cute. Somehow. But a little uncalled for.

Site Meter