<$BlogRSDURL$>
Google
 
Web elusivefugitive.blogspot.com

Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Gin and Juice 

Today was one of those hectic days. It even started kind of fucked up, considering my activities last night were sober. I woke up at 5 in the morning feeling like I was going to faint. Lying in bed. Yes, that's right. Lying down. I was in as a fainting-friendly position as I could have gotten. So, I got up. And then my head swirled. And pounded. And instructed me that if I didn't just sit my ass down on the couch there was going to be trouble. I figured, since you know, there are some sharp corners in my flat, it would serve me best to sit my ass down. So I did.

I woke up at 6.30. On the couch. Feeling like I was going to faint. I considered that maybe taking a shot of vodka would make it a little less inexplicable. But I couldn't bear the thought of walking all the way to the kitchen, opening the fridge, finding a drinking receptacle, opening the bottle... you get the point, right? My head pounded, and then it throbbed for about half a minute. I nearly fell over because I stood up so fast, which in the course of this story is starting to sound like a really stupid way to exaggerate just how quick it was that I stood up. Somehow, I managed to make it onto my bed, and somehow, without my duvet.

Dizzy, nauseous, headache-y, and cold... I woke up at 9 am. I lost the nauseousness for about 2 hours this afternoon, but it's gleefully returned. The dizzy, headache-y bits are constants in my day. I don't look forward to them leaving. It will make me feel somehow hollow.

I kid, I kid.

In some strange way, I thought I'd go have some gin and juice with the local nutheads - to celebrate or something.

Cheers!

Site Meter