<$BlogRSDURL$>
Google
 
Web elusivefugitive.blogspot.com

Sunday, September 12, 2004

In Technicolor 

German. Keyboard. Oida.

This was a weekend of weird films. First and foremost, please remember one thing. I do not, have not ever, will likely not ever, like horror films. I'm a big, fat weenie. So, what I am about to say should not come as a surprise. I had very vivid and colorful dreams after Suspiria. I was afraid that would happen, and it did. I hate when I'm right. The movie, however, was not as bad as I was expecting. And let it be noted here and now that I didn't jump, screech, become startled or otherwise highly agitated during the entire film, unlike my companions. And they're (freaks!) horror fans. But I like them just the same, even with their jumpy behavior. Which was more scary than the movie. So, no startlement here. (Yes, that is a word.) Aside from the "guts will now be eaten" scene where I turned away and whimpered. And the "she will die now" scene. And then there was the "she can't possibly live through the beating she's going to get because the music is slightly more indicative of the plot than the dialogue so I can guess what's coming" part.

Suspiria - totally 70's. The brightly colored part of the 70's. A lot less frighteningly bloody than I had anticipated. This made me happy. I wasn't happy enough to convince me that horror films are great. So I'll stick with being afraid of them, since I'm oh-so-good at that. I've had a lot of practice, see. And why change a good thing?

It was disturbingly bright. And disturbingly cheesy at some points. And oh, the feathered hair. Who thought it would be a good idea to make feathered hair go out of style? I mean, really. And the plot was one of those weird, you'll never guess how this will end because it's so fucking bizarre, kinds. All in all: bizarro. But colorful.

Last night, I went to see Blueberry. I didn't know there were psychedelic western movies made. I liked it. It wasn't as colorful as Suspiria, but what with my dreams after the 70's horror flick, I was pretty okay with the western motif. Juliette Lewis was in it, to my surprise. And Eddie Izzard, funny man. It was subdued, somehow elegant, and I daresay I liked it. Twice. If you live in Vienna, it's too late for you to catch it in the theater, as last night was the last showing in town, but I think it hasn't been out in the states yet. Go see it. I command thee.

There's so no reason for me to bring this up, but I just can't resist. What in the hell is the deal with the non-outfits that girl characters get in video games? Seriously. I'm not fucking around. Why can't chicks wear at least FULL bikini bottoms to cover the other half of their ass? You know, I really don't have much room to complain, considering the outfits at least cover their cracks, thankyouverymuch. I was waylaid with movies this weekend, otherwise I would give you a full account of how much I still like Pokemon Colosseum.

I hope I have technicolor dreams again tonight. Without the mass killings, though.

Site Meter