<$BlogRSDURL$>
Google
 
Web elusivefugitive.blogspot.com

Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Wake up calls 

Insert German keyboard excuse here.

I've been having a bit of trouble sleeping lately. It seems that either I sleep too little or too much and never at the right times. I'd like to offer the excuse that I've been so busy that I've gotten my sleep patterns all out of whack, but the reality of it is that I've been making my mind so busy that I can't seem to keep myself on a steady or normal pattern. I've been thinking a lot.

I was up until at least 5 this morning. Most of the night was spent talking with some friends, but once I got home and fell into bed, there wasn't even a remote chance that I'd get some shuteye before sunrise. So I dawdled and spent some time thinking about the conversations that I'd had and the things that I should do. Talk about your downward spiral into no-sleep land.

My doorbell rang this morning. Thankfully, as it was my wake up call. I should say at this point that I don't normally wake up completely confused, but today I couldn't manage to figure out if the doorbell was part of my dream or not.

I got my ass kicked around a little today. Which was deserved. Everyone needs a good ass kicking every now and then.

It's been hard to come up with things to write about lately (which accounts for the sporadic posts) that I know won't bother or offend anyone that might possibly read this. And while I don't want to offend anyone, I feel that I'm censoring myself too much for the sake of sparing someone else. So, please don't be bothered or hurt if in the near future I go on a rampage on the blog and somehow someone is implicated as the wrong doer. I don't see a point in further using this medium, which I started for myself, if I were to continue to self censor. I don't like it and I don't want to do it anymore. So in advance:

I apologize.

Site Meter