<$BlogRSDURL$>
Google
 
Web elusivefugitive.blogspot.com

Thursday, August 05, 2004

Stop the madness 

So there's a song stuck in my head. It's been stuck in my head since about 19.00h today.

Sweets for my sweet, sugar for my honey. You don't want to know why I can't get the Searchers out of my head. And I wouldn't explain, anyways.

I'm going to see Fahrenheit 9/11 tomorrow. I hope.

I went out for drinks tonight after work with a friend and talked about a load of stuff. I like summer evenings in this city. It's nice to be able to sit outside and have a beer and a talk in the comfortable night air. Not too warm, not too cold. The one thing that seems to go really well with summertime in Vienna is road construction. It seems to be everywhere. There's even road crews working on the street right outside my house. And around the corner, and down the street. It's amazing. And some places where there's detours and diverted car traffic, where one would expect to see hordes of construction workers, one would be hard pressed to find more than three.

I woke up yesterday morning with the hiccups. Odd sensation really. And where did that come from? Who wakes up with the hiccups? It seems odd.

Every time I step into my bathroom I think to myself, how does one say caulk in German? But I never remember to look it up and at this point in my evening, I can't be bothered. So that would make me forgetful and lazy. But imagine the conversation with someone at a DIY store if I would go in there still not knowing the word for caulk and then having to elicit the information out of an employee whilst trying to keep them from thinking I'm a complete perv. What are the chances?

I had a good night last night, which kept a smile on my face all day today, if not in reality, at least in mind. Nothing beats a fun day/evening followed by an enjoyable night. Also, I finally slept more than about 3 hours last night so I was at least well rested today. Or moreso than I've been all week.

And now I have the hiccups. Make it stop! Someone scare the begeesus outta me. That usually works.

Site Meter