<$BlogRSDURL$>
Google
 
Web elusivefugitive.blogspot.com

Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Which Secrets? 

I'm a bit of a whirlwind of thoughts tonight. Forgiveness required in order to continue reading.

First and foremost, I have this question. And this question begs a serious answer. I am befuddled. Bewildered. Addled, perhaps. A smidge discombobulated. Flustered. A bit thrown off.

Can someone please explain to me why it is that Victoria's Secret Lingerie - night sleeping or not sleeping get ups - are so mismatched? By mismatched, here's exactly what I mean. You can buy a set - two piece with top and bottom - which is great. However, why on god's green earth do you get tank tops with long pants and long sleeve button-down shirts with boxers? WHY? Who authorized this? Someone should fire them.

The reason I so non-chalantly bring this up, if I haven't already mentioned it, is that it's actually summer in Vienna. So that means it's not so cold. I'd like to wear some pjs that are short, so not pants, but not long sleeved, so that leaves tank tops. Except I don't have any of those. Because when it all comes down to it, I'm a pj snob. I only have pj's from Victoria's Secret. I used to only have bras and under-things from VS. But I branched out after a while of being in Vienna and wanting to go bra shopping. I guess I'll have to sacrifice the pj collection as well. But only if I can find some sensible pjs! Boxers go with tank tops, folks. There are no if's, and's or but's about it.

I mentioned the serial killer book. Well, all I can say today is, good g'damn! And another thing, I can't read that book after about 19.00h. I'm a complete wuss, scaredy-cat... whatever. I like not having dreams about serial killers and I want to keep it that way. Even though I really want to read the book, I must refrain. Or die of terror or disgust. And today doesn't look like a good day to die. thankyouverymuch

I have some nagging skills. Obviously, I'm not putting them to good use, or enough use, however, since I still have no pictures of my 2 week old niece. Must remember to nag more - and better. Practice makes perfect!

Ever talk to somebody about something that's not normally a "friend" conversation, but usually reserved for those "really super duper good friends"? Yeah, me neither. But I did talk to this one person recently. I got a whole new perspective on just how weird everyone else is. I'm perfectly normal.

Really.

Stop laughing.

Okay, yes, I'm kidding, but can't be bothered to explain anything, so I'll just remain cryptic. As usual.

I was thinking of movies while I was hanging up my laundry tonight. Thankfully there was a picture of a woman doing laundry on the news - 4 hours after I started the washing machine - or I would have left my clothes in the machine til god knows when. And that would have been a shame.

Right, movies. So I was replaying this scene from Grosse Pointe Blank in my head. Over and over and over. It was nearly like instant replay, but not from different angles. And the dialog was, of course, the same. I kept playing and rewinding and playing the scene where Martin is in his therapist's office talking about their relationship and the energizer bunny. "Martin, I'm emotionally involved with you." "How are you emotionally involved with me?" "I'm afraid of you." Ha! And the bunny stuff. Funny. Right. I should watch that again soon.

I was cheesy tonight and did nothing super exciting. I watched the fifth element. In German. I didn't remember the whole movie so it was like watching it for the... second time, only with a little bit of short term memory problems here and there. Still a good movie. I should watch it again, from the beginning even, since tonight I caught it about 20 minutes in.

I watched a chick flick too. It was so cheesy I can't even remember what it was called. But I assure you that the German title would probably be pretty funny or just straight up odd. The only reason I mention this is that I was looking for a movie last weekend. Wait, no. Last week. And I couldn't find it by the English title with English language - odd. But I did find the English title, German language and German title, German language. And the German title was totally off the wall. I so wish I could remember it right now because I don't think you believe me.

So since I can't read my serial killer book at night, I have a backup. I'm kinda sad about the backup though. It's called The Cryptographer. I'm so too lazy to link. Google it yourself, please. When I bought it, there wasn't mention - on amazon - about a romance part to the book. It was supposed to be a detective story, full of intrigue. I haven't gotten that far into the book, but the back cover actually mentions a romance between the main character and some schmoe. This made me sad. I wanted a good who-dun-it thriller/detective story. And now I'll read through some girlie romance stuff. Ick! It's like catching cooties.

I should take my laptop to work soon so I can get a virus scanner set up. I also need to copy a lot of pictures from my work computer to my laptop. And then maybe copy some music over as well, and re-sync the iPod. I'm a little worn out from all this activity planning. I think I need a breather. Actually, I guess it was more like a small activity brainstorming session.

If enquiring minds want to know, I have my theory as to the answer to the following question. What is Victoria's Secret anyway?

Site Meter