<$BlogRSDURL$>
Google
 
Web elusivefugitive.blogspot.com

Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Martha Logic 101 

Update: Left index finger - no tingling when I woke up. Tingled once or twice today, but it's back to normal. I think this erratic behavior might have something to do with Martha invading my brain.


So what kind of answer would you come up with to this riddle?
Given a rectangular (cuboidal for the puritans) cake with a rectangular piece removed (any size or orientation), how would you cut the remainder of the cake into two equal halves with one straight cut of a knife ?

Thanks babe. Okay. So you can see that it's one of those logic questions. And there's one simple answer. Of course. But the right answer isn't really what I wanna look at here. Do you know what I thought immediately for one scenario? I imagine that the cut out piece was in the middle of the cake, the exact middle, and that the way I would want to cut the cake (umm if the long side of the cake and the missing piece is left to right....) would be perpendicular to the length side, so basically the left side would look like a blocky C and the right side would look like a blocky backwards C. Wanna know why?

It would look nicer than any other cut.

Hello? Does anybody else see a problem with this? I know I mentioned the Martha Stewart thing yesterday and all, but I think this is becoming a rather difficult problem to deal with.

And now I want cake. Even if there's a mysterious rectangular piece missing from anywhere in the cake. It wouldn't bother me at all. Unless of course it didn't look pretty.

Ugh!

Next thing I know, I'll be crocheting and knitting and then making fantastically colored pot holders. (I'm so glad I struggled to think of the last word of that sentence.) I even thought of making a collage today. Yeah, that's right. Collecting bits of paper and applying them to some surface with a glue stick (that I already (!) have) that can then be put into a picture frame.

I think while I was sleeping Martha invaded my brain. And left traces of ickyness behind. The icky girly behavior. GROSS! Oh dear god, I just realized I was even wearing a skirt recently. And Martha's site is in my browser history - but I can explain that! I can! I had to google it earlier to send the link to someone.

That sounds like such a copout.

Site Meter