<$BlogRSDURL$>
Google
 
Web elusivefugitive.blogspot.com

Thursday, May 06, 2004

So I've been neglecting my blog for the past two days. I suck. I know it. And I don't mind so much.

Have had a really good talk both tonight and last night with friends. It's nice to be able to talk about things that don't really impact my daily life all that much, but I can also pretend very easily to be philosophical and educated (somehow) for the majority of these conversations. It's much easier to philosophize and psychologize and hypothesize about things that mean a lot to people when you discuss it abstractly. And it proves to be interesting usually. And most of all insightful.

So I went to a lecture (in some unacademic but more presentational way) tonight about Uganda. From the looks of the photos, I think I would really enjoy a vacation there. Instead, I think my next foray out of this city will involve a spa or sauna. And I'm totally not complaining. At all. In the slightest bit. I really wanna go. Now would be okay with me. Really.

There was no Kill Bill Vol. 1 last night. Well, there was about 5 minutes before I realized there was no way I would possibly watch the entire movie. Although I have to say that the beginning looks pretty good, I just couldn't make it through the rest because I made the mistake of starting the film somewhere around 2 am. I'm not so smart sometimes. Nonetheless, I had hoped to start it (and finish it) tonight, but I got sidetracked after looking at pictures of Uganda with a cool discussion over a Singapore Sling. Someone should make those cocktails illegal. They're too tasty! It's for my own good that I didn't have more than two.

And now for something completely different.

Eyes. I like them. But I'm picky. I like the kind that feel like they're looking somewhere that no one else can. Hard to explain. And don't want to, really. I just like the ones that were just looking at me.

Back to the regularly scheduled blog....

Bookworm update. I'm kicking ass. That's about all there is to say about that.

So I found out today that I should voluntarily file tax returns here. Apparently the Austrians like to give money to people that send paperwork to the financial people in the government. Considering I've only ever done taxes in the US, this whole "file for a refund" idea is kinda new and really cool to me. I'll have to expand my vocabulary with the tax forms sometime soon.

Speaking of German.... Apparently I make people uncomfortable. Not that this is news, or dependent on language. It was a really bad segue.... I know. But their uncomfort level is mostly not to do with me, or at least that's what I heard tonight. Or maybe that's what I wanted to hear tonight. Egal. Point is, it still happens. Apparently. And I still don't think I'm that frightening. What is it with most of the people that I meet? They think I'm scary. If only they knew how harmless I really am.

Back to the flat discussion. It still seems like it would be a good idea. And everyone here seems to not want to HELP keep me out of debt and likes the idea. So I'll go with it and keep looking. I might come across a place that I just have to have for myself. Maybe. Hopefully. Wouldn't it be nice?

And now there's a Beach Boys song in my head. Can I switch to Me First and the Gimme Gimmes again? I much prefer that. kthx.

Time to harass or pester or sleep.

Site Meter