<$BlogRSDURL$>
Google
 
Web elusivefugitive.blogspot.com

Tuesday, May 25, 2004

How Much Storage Does One Girl Need? 

For email.

Because I gotta gig. Fo' free. And I have to say... GMail rocks. And apparently I'm allowed to invite people to join GMail after I do something that I'm not aware of what it is or some time passes. Whatever, onto more important details. So there's some people that are currently gmail account holders that are supposed to help google test the whole thing. Since this is my job, I don't mind so much, but it just seems that the only email I've sent to them so far has only been feature requests, and I've only had the account for about 7 hours. So I haven't broken anything yet. But I will! I have to.

By now you probably know the key ways in which Gmail differs from traditional webmail services. Searching instead of filing. A free gigabyte of storage. Messages displayed in context as conversations.

And the conversation thing....I like it a lot. I'm still of course getting used to it, but it's really cool. No more > in front of any text in an email. Yay! The searching through emails is really really awesome. Too bad I don't have loads of emails to search through to be able to check it out thoroughly. Maybe soon enough. I wish there was a way to import addresses though. That took me a while. The help docs are kinda okay, but not groundbreaking and seem to be lacking some small details. The customer support - can't really comment since I've only sent in two feature suggestions and haven't yet gotten a reply. I'm sure it's probably okay. Nothing fabulous but sufficient. But by far, I think the best thing to see at the moment is:

You are currently using 0 MB (0%) of your 1000 MB.

Oh, but I can only send out 10Mb files with emails. Oh well.

I got an email today that I was totally not expecting. It's good to know that some people are still alive. I'm not always that stellar with replying to emails. Which, considering the amount of blogging and the regularity of the blogs is surprising, right? Right.

So on a totally different note...I have electricity in my flat again. Yeah, last night I didn't. Apparently my washing machine short circuited the entire flat. Cool. And then there's this tidbit... My electricity box is right outside my front door. Yes, that's right - not in the flat. It's lockable. That's not the best part - here's the best part of the whole thing. I don't have a key. Uh huh. Creative, no?

There should be a "shared"/"community" key in a small table drawer in the stairwell. Except someone didn't put it back, obviously. And the (manager for the USians) hauswart lady was super pissed that the key wasn't in the drawer. We had a nice long chat about how crazy it all is. (Very philosophical at the root of the talk, really.) I never thought that such a sweet looking old lady could swear like a sailor. But this morning I got my proof. Or at least she can (and apparently does) when she's pissed about someone 'stealing' a key that isn't theirs.

I will have a key before this weekend.

The movie update -- I finally watched one of the borrowed movies last night. Kill Bill Vol. 1. Good flick. Need to watch the other two.
Bookworm. I'm apparently slacking because there's now a new high score to beat. It's something around 3.3 million, or at least that's the number I remember. Last I checked I only had 2.7 million, but I can likely catch up pretty quick. Some ubhan trips to and from work should cover that gap pretty easily.

Someone explain something to me. Please. If I say: I'm hungry. And the "I" represents a female....how is this "a girl thing" to say? Hello?

Yeah, I don't get it.

Speaking of being hungry... I am. So I'm going to fix that before I go off and have drinks.

Happy Birthday, Jurie! (I resisted the urge to substitute his name with "Old Man"...)

notes:
Why thank you Kirsten. Old girl.

Gurls say "I'm hungry", in the expectation that some gallant gentleman will get them food. Guys either go out and kill a pig, or say "Get me some food", in the expectation that some wench will get them food. Simple, no?
 
Post a Comment
Site Meter