<$BlogRSDURL$>
Google
 
Web elusivefugitive.blogspot.com

Monday, May 10, 2004

Dream analysis can be interestingly fun. Even moreso when the analysis isn't of a dream that you had yourself, but postulation about a dream that a friend had. It's a bit like grasping at straws, but also for me in a way feels like you could say just about anything and the dreamer could manage to find a way to apply what you postulate into a plausible reason. In a way, it's a bit like the horoscopes in daily newspapers that are written so unfailingly generally that each sign's description for the day could obscurely relate to everyone that reads them. Of course, there are the dreams that traditionally have an explanation from different psychological theories or practices that relate very much to each other. Nonetheless, discussions that start out with dream analysis of one particular dream generally segue pretty nicely into discussions of other dreams, pleasant ones, recurring ones, properties of dreams, elements of dreams that are startlingly easy to remember, terrifying ones... etc etc. The talk tonight reminded me of the dream that I wrote about two weekends ago, and then I was reminded of another dream I had of my dad about 9 years ago. It put a smile on my face.

At some point I think I'm going to have to buy a blender. Smoothies are awesome. I haven't gone a day since Saturday without at least one. I'm a spoiled brat. I know it. But they're just so good, it's nearly impossible to pass up. I was thinking of making some garlic bread tonight, but I wasn't in the mood for it by the time I got anywhere near the bread and other required items tonight. Although it now sounds like a yummy idea....but I'm already laying in bed, and probably should just not go back into the kitchen today.

I swear I'm going to watch Kill Bill Vol. 1 sometime soon. I have to. I have to stop borrowing movies from people and then not returning them for at least 6 months. How horrible is that? There's a really odd animation for something on TV at the moment. If I was paying attention to what was being said I might actually pick it up, but I don't know if I have that ability at the moment.

German class was cool tonight. I still feel like a 12 year old in a class with 5 year olds, but maybe that's because we spend far too much time on one exercise that I don't think I really need to spend so much time on. Last week we ended up just rifling through the dictionary learning random useless words while the rest of the class kept busy with the extra long exercise. This week we just killed time by complaining about being hungry. And thirsty for a beer. But later we talked about stuff that while mostly useless was at least mostly entertaining as well. That seems to kill time pretty well and helps out with the absurdly and ridiculously small vocabulary.

So for Mother's Day, I called my mother. And then after ten minutes my phone hung up on her. So she called me back. Long talk, unusual in many ways but traces of typical mom and me discussions crept into the two and a half hour long phone call. Still must call brother. And friend.

I kind of miss going to classes at university....or as the Americans would say, college. Totally unrelated, I'm tired. I guess it's no wonder considering the amount of sleep I got last night.
And on that note, I think it's time to seriously consider sleep for tonight.

Site Meter